Monday, October 27, 2014

NOW WE HAVE ''RACHEL FROM THE CARD CENTER'' !

  THEY JUST KEEP ON        COMING !
  Fairways Watch attempts to keep residents informed of some of the MANY SCAMS being perpetrated upon the every day citizen, in our immediate area.
  We try to read and report on articles and news stories regarding the never ending ''criminal assault'' on the publics wealth. [ particularly seniors monies ]
 We had read about a ''phishing'' scam, known as ''RACHEL FROM THE CARD CENTER''.----It works like this:---A call comes in--usually to your cell phone --- A pleasant sounding young lady says---Hello --this is Rachel from the card center--I have good news-- your  account is fine, and we can help you obtain a lower interest rate on your card ! What they really want is some of your personal financial info.
  SUCH A NICE LADY!

  TODAY I ACTUALLY GOT A CALL FROM RACHEL---and I was ready!
  On Monday, about 12:30 PM ,my cell rang---the caller ID showed a location in Scotland SD---phone number [605] 583-4562.-----Hmmn---I do not know anyone in South Dakota--but I took the bait and answered anyway.---[ be advised caller ID is almost useless, now due to hi tech equipment, available to scammers]
  ''Gollee--Gee Whiz''---it was Rachel.-- Sure nuff-- my card was ok, and she was going to HELP me.-- I was told to press 1 for an AGENT---After a few moments,a ''very nice agent'', came on the phone to ''help''----The ''agent''needed a little more information in order to ''help'' me.----He needed my CARD NUMBER, EXPIRATION DATE , and other information in order to HELP  me.
 I will not embarrass myself and readers by quoting my, UNPRINTABLE RESPONSE.
  THE FEDERAL'' DO NOT CALL LIST'' IS USELESS AS MANY OTHER GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS, THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP US ''POOR FOLKS''
  JUST REMEMBER---NEVER GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO FOLKS ,THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW---OVER THE PHONE OR INTERNET!
 I have been told, that complete data on one  credit card, can be sold illegally for $100.
  Rachel probably does well!

No comments: