Thursday, September 26, 2013

ANOTHER TRICK AT OUR ''BELEGURED'' GATE SYSTEM

Once again, we would like to publish a residents comment as a featured post.Fairways Watch has spent a good bit of time lately, observing the daily'' hassle'', at our entrance gate. We have been attempting to obtain a traffic flow count, at different hours of the day.----EXAMPLE---on September 18 , between 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM---112 cars entered our community. Of these 112 cars, 17 appeared to be ''gate runners'' Who and why? At certain times of the day, life in our entrance lane, can be downright dangerous!
  As part of our ''target hardening program'', we continue to work on several, better gate options.
  Our recently repaired entrance gates ,have already been struck and damaged twice.---It is a pretty good bet ,that  ''gate runners''. were the culprits.

         Anonymous said...

Here's the latest trick the gate runners are doing

I pulled in to driveway and there was a car at the front gate, right in the middle of both lanes, blocking me from passing on one side or the other. He simply waited there until I pressed the button to be let in. It was late at night and I didn't want any confrontation with this person. I let them in so I could get home to bed, but realized after ward that I should have at least remembered to write down the plate number and call Bill with that information.

Next time I will, but I wanted you to be aware of this "new" situation they're putting us in

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill, Thanks for posting my comment at the top of your very informative page.
I think it's very important for our residents to realize the seriousness of how many "gate runners" come in here everyday!
Rest assured I will write down license plate numbers and notate vehicle and people descriptions from here forward.

Anonymous said...

If everyone would start doing that, or take a picture, most everyone has one on their phones now, of the license plate and forward the vehicle and plate to Bill, then we might have a safer community.